Sunday, 4 May 2014

Crazy crafters Blog hop


FRAMELITS

Hello everyone!!! 
Thankyou so much for coming by and checking out our Blog hop- I'm sure you have enjoyed seeing everyones so far today- you  might have come from the very talented Teena Mahers blog- "stamping with Teena"  If not- be sure to check them all out- I'm sure you will get lots and lots of ideas for your next paper crafting project!!

FRAMELITS
What a fantastic Theme we have today!! Next to cardstock, ink and stamps, my big shot and framelits are my most valued items in my paper crafting tools- and some of the most used as well!

Because I use Framelits SO much, I wanted to make something out of the ordinary for today's blog hop. 
I'm a fan of instagram, and thought I would make an instagram camera with an opening lens
I searched the "far and wide web"  and found inspiration from Melanie Schulenberg but couldn't find a camera that ONLY used framelits!
so I created my own!! (Tutorial soon to come!)

 Can you spot the little lever that opens the cameras iris?



I can tell you how challenging this was!!! in Melanies tutorial, she used glue dots to attach the lens shutters, but I found it didn't give enough movement, so used mini brads that I flattened in the big shot once attached. here is a shot of the framelits I used and the pieces I made...
As you can see I used a variety of circle framelits, PLUS I used a couple from "chalk talk" 
and then in "dressing" my card, to carry on with the theme, I used the new "star burst" framelits- and, as Stampin Up does best, I used the coordinating "starburst sayings" stamp set
I hope you have enjoyed my contribution to today's blog hop!If you haven't already, please check out everyones blog hop posts- I'm sure you will find heaps of inspiration in them!!


15 comments:

  1. That is a great Petra love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting this month Angela!!

      Delete
  3. Oh Petra, thats very cool! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! Yours is Amazing- and I know you are busy planning your wedding!xxx

      Delete
  5. This is amazing!! i totally love it!! Love your cards never cease to amaze

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Aroha! Thank you SO much for your comment!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Amazing! Love the insta camera. And it really does take a picture. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. a super cool, interactive card! Love it Petra

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is freaking awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!