Saturday, 23 May 2015

Crazy crafters blog hop


Welcome to the crazy Crafters Blog hop!! If you have "surfed" here from the Big World Wide Web, please feel free to check out all our Crazy Crafters Creations-they are sure to inspire you!!

One of the AWESOME things about being a Stampin Up demonstrator, is that we get a good look at the new catalog before its on sale to the general public. PLUS we have the opportunity to purchase "sneak Peek items" so that we can get everyone excited about the amazing offerings in the soon-to-be-released Catalog. 

Prepare to get excited!

When I first saw this punch, I was at convention and my up-line leaned over and whispered to me "how fantastic is that!" and I remember thinking "??????????? REALLY?????????"  I didn't see the value in a punch that cut a shape that I thought I could as easily make with paper snips.... 
Well, I was wrong. TOTALLY AND UTTERLY WRONG. This punch is amazing-yes, it can do, like, 100 banners in a matter of minutes, but it ALSO makes chevrons. Oh my goodness, its awesome!


New Banner punch
Chevrons made out of the banner punch
                                                          

So here I created a card with chevrons cut using the Banner punch I did another one the other day see it HERE.
I tried for an unfussy card with simple gold accents, making the card POP. 

Do you like the flower? I made it using the new cotton In Colour paper. its a little like slightly thicker tissue paper. All I did was cut 6 scalloped circles, stapled all 6 together and then scrunched the papers individually. EASY! The gold sequins and slithers of Gold foil card stock finish off this striking embellishment. 

Do you love the new in colours yet? Ive seen so many wonderful samples floating through the internet. They are just stunning. It is totally worth adding these to your collection (and they come in a fantastic value bundle, card stock and ink, for only $58-you practically get the card stock for free-Look out for it in the catalog when you get it!) I think the new in colours are a brilliant compliment to our Colour range-They add a vibrancy and modern feel to our projects.                                                     
Friendly wishes card made with Lost Lagoon, Night of Navy,
Cucumber Crush, and Cherry Cobbler
                                     



   CREATE WITH CARL

Chevrons were big in our house this week! 
Carl also wanted to have a go in our blog hop. He had some awesome ideas for how to use the "awesomely Artistic" stamp set we  received at convention. 

At first he stamped a stamp from the Chalk Lines stamp set to make the reeds on whisper white , but he recognised that it was a bit bland. and he didn't want to add too much colour... His vision was just reeds from the Chalk lines stamp set and a dragon fly from the awesomely artistic set....  and he wasn't budging. (even when I suggested flowers on the waters edge... LOL) Then I remembered something that helped me tremendously when starting out as a card maker...

TIP OF THE WEEK #2 
Using Designer Series Paper, (or DSP) can help out hugely when you are first beginning.
Dsp helps with getting colour combinations right, (which is notoriously hard when you are beginning) it helps in adding a pop of colour or texture to a simple stamped image. Carl was going for a minimalistic look, and the chevron pattern added interest to stop it looking boring..... and also stopped him adding things which can make a project look "bitty"




Do you like the dragon fly? Isn't it awesome? Originally Carl stamped the dragon fly black stays on, on velum, but said to me, I want it to look real-its too dark. (although, I thought it looked good!) 
I suggested he clear emboss it on velum... he had never embossed before. I LOVE showing people embossing for the first time-it's so amazing as the powder melts and goes all shiny! He was suitably impressed. Carl wanted that shiny look on the dragonflys wings, that real dragonflys have, and found my Dazzling details. Its a glue that drys clear, but it has glitter suspended in it... and I think it adds a beautiful sparkle to His dragonfly.  
Design is stamped straight on to DSP. Using Designer
Series paper in your projects is a great tip for beginners.
The Reeds were very clever too-he pulled through some linen thread, and frayed the ends so it looks like reed tops.  When the design he had created on the DSP was finished he attached it to a treat bag made with our new treat bag punch board. Carl practiced extensively with this tool at the convention. he told me,"its a tool. Men love tools..." 
He's ended up with a treat bag you could give to any man with 
out it being at all "girly" I think its awesome!
 I hope you have enjoyed this months Blog hop!




You are now going to LOVE Sarah Chilbys creations, in the next section of our Blog Hop! ENJOY!!

                                        

23 comments:

  1. wow!! Look at you guys go! I LOVE both your projects. Carl you are rocking it. What an awesome treat bag - and the dragonfly is a stroke of genius.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie!! he did a good job didn't he?

      Delete
  2. Carl you clever duck. That dragonfly is so awesome!

    Great job, both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone. Who knew paper was so interesting not at all like kindy. Lol. I have so many ideas we will see what works when I try to make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy you guys have been busy! Go Man Go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour combo on your project Petra, nice and bright.
    I am a fan of Carls work, not only do I love bags, I also live Dragonflys and sparkly ones!
    Well done Craft Carl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Michelle! I think Carl has stolen the limelight though! :-)

      Delete
  6. Nice projects guys.

    Love your use of the punch Petra. It was not even on my list until now.

    Carl, I love your dragonfly. I'm not much of a bag girl, but I certainly like this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rosalie! It wasn't really on my list until I had a play at convention. The alternate uses are brilliant! (As well of the normal uses!! ;-))

      Delete
  7. What fantastic, beautiful and inventive projects! Amazing! I think Carl is giving you a run for your money Petra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm thinking the same Stephanie!!

      Delete
  8. Wow! I love both of your projects! Hmm I think that punch is now on my must have list! :-) great work guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that punch petra, its on my need list. Your fooew is very pretty. Carl i love your bag. Very clever how youve used your products in an out of the box way. I love your dragonfly and am going to have to case that. Maybe you can be a guest stamper on my blog sometime :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great punch Tamie! Yeah Carls dragon fly is clever..... Weirdly real looking!

      Delete
  10. Both great projects!! Especially love the colorful card!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks do much for your comment Patty! That cucumber crush provides a great lift!

      Delete
  11. Love the punch tip Petra beautiful card, Carl I love your creation the dragonfly is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  12. Petra: that flower is tops! I wanna make one!
    Carl: every girl loves a "just because" bag of goodies - what a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome projects both of you. The gift bag is clever and stunning. Dragonflys are always so beautiful.....Carl your's looks exceptional! Thanks for sharing all your tips and creations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!