Thursday, 21 May 2015

Create with Carl- Card Sketches

Create with Carl, Mojo Monday 398
Tip #1
Those of you that have been following my blog, have seen a little bit more of my hubby, Carl, recently. He has discovered that Card making is very relaxing!! It's great to be able to put aside the cares of the day and play with colour for a while.
Yesterday morning I was telling Carl about Card sketches, and how they can help a beginner card maker. They help with the design (obviously) but also about balance.
When you first start in the craft of scrapbooking or Card making, that blank space can be intimidating... And the impulse is to FILL that space. But you can be just as creative with a little less.

Where do you find Card sketches? You can type "card sketches" into google, you come up with thousands of ideas-Or you could follow my pinterest page, I have a folder full of them!

click here to see my pinterest page of card sketches. 


I told him that I try and enter the Mojo Monday and Just add ink challenges, and I showed him the Mojo Monday sketch for this week. He immediately said it reminded him of looking out a window (with jasmine or wisteria hanging from the roof) at the ocean, during a sunset. He wanted to have a go- so here is the sketch again, and his entry-
                               


                             
Isn't it AWESOME? I love it! I think he has done a fabulous Job. He has showed restraint, and still used the sketch in its entirety. It's a great example of what a beginner card maker can do, with Card sketches! 
He used the stamps sets- "a dozen thoughts" and "crazy about you".
He also used the new Banner punch from stampin up, and, the New in colours. The circle is punched out of the 2 inch circle punch
Do you like the curly Bakers Twine?  It is a technique I presented at Convention this year, I was impressed that he had a go at that!! I will be doing a video tutorial this weekend on how to have a go at that- it s very easy!! 

Are you new to card making? I hope you have a go at using Card sketches in the future- I often post the ones I do here on my blog- why not subscribe To our blog posts via email (the button is on the top left hand side of my page) and have a go at the ones Carl and I post here? 

Have a great day, and Thank you for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!