Wednesday, 1 February 2017

Cool treats, GDP and Just add ink


Good morning all! Its Wednesday today, so I'm here for my weekly Wednesday craft morning! Looking outside today, its overcast and NOT at all hot- even for summer weather here in Tasmania- only 12 degrees (celsius) at the moment, and it will only get to 19 degrees. Brrrrrrr! I wish it was consistently just that bit warmer here. Never mind. I can play with the cool treats stamp and die combo, and pretend it's a lovely 28-32 degrees. (thats blisteringly hot for Tasmania. We have hardly any Ozone!)
I thought I'd combine a few challenges today-so I had a go at the Just add Ink challenge, and had another go at the Global design project, because I loved Krista's card so much. (it was a CASE that designer challenge this week!)


Click Here to see the other designers creations!

I thought the Inspiration from Just add ink this week was perfect...... Im totally dreaming of Hot weather!! Its a rare day here in Tasmania that I find myself longing for a beach or pool because its hot. Im usually longing to have weather thats HOT enough to go to the pool and beach!! (I'm originally from W.A where it consistently gets to OVER 40 degrees in Summer!!)

Click here to see the designers creationsand also the other entries!
The Global design project is SUCH a great challenge this week, the designer is SO talented check out her blog HERE! I LOVE CASE-ing designers, I find I learn so much from them!


Here is my take on these 2 challenges-
Summer inspired, Cool treats Card.



Cool treats, Frozen treats dies, stitched shape framelits.

How My card was influenced by these challenges-

Just add Ink
  • I chose the "cool treats" stamp set, because it just says summer to me. Don't you just feel like eating ice cream, just LOOKING at that cute die cut ice cream?
  •  I think Island Indigo is just a GORGEOUS summery colour. I shadow stamped the sentiment, with another summer colour, Pool party. The "YOU'RE" in the sentiment I stamped off, so that "sweet" was really emphasised by the Full strength Isand indigo.
Global Design Challenge
  • Krista's Card Had a subdued background. I know my background colour ISN'T a subdued colour, so I covered the entire Dsp with vellum, to lower the intensity of the colours. It adds a great floaty feel to the card too. (if my sewing machine had have been accessible, I would have stitched the velum like Krista's card-how cool is that?
  • I really like the Layout of Krista's card. instead of adding the sentiment to the stitched square, I placed it along the strip where the burlap ribbon is in her sample card.
  • I love the sweet flower, but , I was dying to have a go at using my new "frozen treats" dies- so I placed the ice cream embellishment in the rectangle made by the stitched shape framelits.

In My Card I used- 

Whisper white card stock (order number-106549 extra thick-140490)
Crumb cake card stock (for the cone)(order number-121685)
Cool treats bundle (order number-145181)
Stitched shape framelit dies-(order number-145372)
Island indigo card stock (order number-124390)
Island indigo Ink,(order number-126986)
Pool party ink. (Order number-124391)

Dsp (mine was retired, but I recommend-Tasty treats specialty designer series Paper, order number-142770)
Because the DSP is retired, you could also go for this colour combo-whisper white, crumb cake, and watermelon wonder. 
Easy treats card stock pack-(order number 142772) 
Watermelon wonder ink-(order number-138323)
crumb cake ink-(order number-121685)


I hope you enjoyed todays card-I really enjoyed combining the 2 challenges! I hope you have a great day and you manage to sneak in some craftiness!
Petra x 

19 comments:

  1. Oh Petra, I've been waiting for a cool change all summer - we've had some shockingly hot days in Canberra. Today it's about 27 degrees & much more pleasant. Hope summer finds you soon.

    Adore your card (possibly because ice cream is my favourite food of all time), and your interpretation of the inspiration pic this week is spot on. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Patrice, lol, I know it gets hard-long, long hot spells-WA was difficult for that. I do miss balmy evenings though..... and enough heat to get my tomatos to ripen! Lol

      Delete
  2. Petra this is a lovely summery card. You can never go wrong with ice cream on a hot day, at the beach or basically any time really ;) I love the blue tones you used here - so cool! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO much KimB. Ice cream IS great anytime. I had great fun, thank You!

      Delete
  3. Such a delightful card, Petra! Love the creamy, swirly, background paper. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Christine- I'm trying to use up some retired things! Lol. I'll probably have to give the rest away. I'm really not very good at Kylies encouragement to #loveitchopit, 😂

      Delete
  4. I love your sweet & summery card Petra!!! Great application of the challenge colours & theme! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect treat for a hot summer day, Petra & great way to use the inspiration image. Glad you played along with us.
    Di, JAI

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous summer themed card, Petra! I love all the dimension to your yummy ice cream and the softness the vellum adds to your background ( I still have that DSP too :-)) Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its pretty DSP isn't it? theres always such nice DSP that I end up with a back log!! lol. Thank you so much for visiting my blog, and your lovely comments!

      Delete
  7. This is a fabulous card, Petra! The ice cream works perfectly with the summery inspiration photo. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I LOVE summer. I wish the season was just a tad longer here in Tas!! We can't complain too much though. At least we don't die of the heat, like in some places!! Thanks so much for your comments, and for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  8. Fantastic Petra! Love your card! Thank you for playing along with the Global Design Project this week! We love you playing along with us. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to play!! thanks for your comments Kylie! x

      Delete
  9. SO sweet, Petra! Love how you've paired the ice cream with this fun paper. Thanks for playing along with this week's CASE the Designer Challenge at the Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian!! hello! thanks so much for your lovely comments, and your visit to my blog!!

      Delete
  10. such a CUTE card. I love the colors that you used. thank-you for CASE-ing me this week with the GDP!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!