Friday, 28 April 2017

Blooms and wishes - Global design project

I love the designer- Michelle Last-we are casing today-her style is so beautiful-especially the card we are casing today. I love the textured background of the woodlands embossing folder- stunning!

Click here to be inspired by Michelle Last,
and other designers take on her design

Here is my take on the design-I used the frame in Michelle's card as inspiration-I thought it was so clever!

Blooms and wishes-In tones of blue, with pops
of our new in colour-lemon lime twist


You might notice the BIG rhinestone from the centre of the dapper denim flower.... I did something a little different (for me) behind it- it produced a very sparkly result!
Heres how I did it-
1-I stamped the stamens (a stamp from the blooms and wishes stamp set) in versa mark ink.
 2- I then sprinkled it with heat and stick powder (-a powder glue that works well with our glitter.)
3-heat set it to "melt" the glue. 
4-I then sprinkled it with gold glitter. 
5-With a final blast from the heat gun to "set" the glue with the glitter, and popped a rhinestone on top. Boom! ULTIMATE BLING!!!

Blooms and Wishes
I actually created the pink toned card first-using the new Very vanilla ultra thick card stock as my base-The pinks created a really soft look, which I really liked. I'm challenging myself to use the new Lemon lime twist, because when I first saw it, I actually said-" oh. EWWWW! WHY???"
I really hated it, but-I have to say, it adds real ZING to a colour palette. I'm actually think I'm really going to LOVE this colour. 
This was a SUPER quick, SUPER easy card to create-just stamp, layer and go. I think adding that little bit of layering and tiny bits of (scrap) ribbon finished it nicely!

The sentiment in the pink toned card is in the amazing Blooms and Wishes stamp set, which is, I'm happy to say, going to be in our new catalog next year, as it's being carried over. Unfortunately, though, the stamp set that I got the sentiment on the blue toned card is from Grateful Bunch, which is NOT being carried over into the new catalog-so get it while you can!!! 

Blooms and wishes- in pinks-with lemon lime twist!
I really enjoyed creating these cards- here are the colours I chose-I hope you are inspired to use them yourself!
Blooms and wishes-and the colours I used.
Enjoy the last remaining day of the week- and have a great weekend- I hope you get to squeeze in some creativity too!
Petra x

Click here for BARGAINS- up to 50% off!

Don't forget to use this months host code for a free embossing folder!

April-EGNGBZFJ


14 comments:

  1. Hey Petra! I LOVE both these cards ... the blue colour scheme is my favourite! I love this set! And thanks for adding in how you made the highlight in the centre of the blue flower. You know, I have Heat and Stick and have never used it! It really is a pretty effect! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, thanks Cheryl! you were quick on the uptake this morning!! thanks so much- yeah, I rarely use heat and stick, but it provides THE best bond with glitter.... you really don't want glitter flying every where do you? its a simple solution that provides great bang for your buck!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely array or colors Petra. Awesome cards, Well Done. Angexx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a Angela! I love the colours too!

      Delete
  3. These are simply gorgeous Petra! Both have been done with beautiful colour combinations. They are soft and inviting cards, reminiscent of spring, warmer weather and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already longing for spring, and winter isn't here yet..... makes for a long, cold season..... thank you! X

      Delete
  4. Delightful,thank you so much for casing me this week at the Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to pop in to my blog!! I love your style Michelle- thanks so much for sharing your ideas and inspiration!

      Delete
  5. Wow!! This is amazing Petra!! love these cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww! Thanks Kylie! I appreciate you popping in- I'm glad you like them!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. WOW! THANKYOU SO much for your kind words!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!