Wednesday, 5 April 2017

International Highlights Winners blog hop- All things Thanks


Im excited to be sharing todays card with you-last month I took part in Kylie Bertucci's international highlights. It was voted on by the public for a week, and my card was one of the the Top Ten most voted on cards-so Today I get to take part in todays INTERNATIONAL blog hop! HOW EXCITING!! 
Check out the card I made HERE.
There are some VERY talented designers in todays Hop. If you want to be inspired, make sure you check everyones cards out-We have all used the sale stamp set- All Things Thanks  

I really like this card, especially because I feel a bit like Ive lost my creative juices this week. I haven't felt very well, and thats never good for creativity!


High Tide, paired with all things thanks stamp sets.


for bling I added metallic thread and sequins.

How to make todays Card-


  • I fell in LOVE with the High tide stamp set form the Occasions catalog-I'm a fan of 2 or 3 step stamping, and THIS set is particularly east to use. Lining up the layers was a snap. (some sets are more challenging, but I got this right first go) 
  • I stamped with crumb cake (on a piece of whisper white) for my first stamping, getting that lovely detail at the top of the light house. Then, I stamped the colour-Cherry cobbler-over the top. I fussy cut the light house out, added a bit of metallic thread to the back, and added foam strips for dimension.
  • I then die cut a stitched frame square, and stamped the sea side back ground, and popped my light house on to the top. I added this to my card which had been layered with a piece of kraft cardstock and a piece of paper from the Tasty treats Designer series paper. 
  • I gold heat embossed the lovely sentiment from our STAR stamp set today, All things Thanks, on a piece of vellum and added that to the top of my card. ( I actually lifted by light house slightly to get the velum to sit underneath it) 

I hope you like todays card- and please check out all the other amazing creations on todays blog hop!

15 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you have been feeling unwell Petra! But wow ... it surely hasn't impaired your creativity. Love this card, especially how you have used the words as the shining light from the lighthouse! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Cheryll-You have no idea how much I appreciate your kind words. Im feeling a little better, but I'm feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment. I VERY much appreciate you popping in to my blog and leaving such a lovely comment. THNAKYOU x

      Delete
  2. Aww, I hope you feel better! I think this is the prettiest High Tide card I've seen. I love the lighthouse paired with neutrals and gold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OHHHHHHH! Natalie- YOU HAVE JUST MADE MY DAY!!!! Thank you so Much!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card Petra! I do hope you're feeling better. However, it does not seem to have affected your sense of style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too kind... THANKYOU so much!!

      Delete
  4. Stunning card Petra! Love how the lighthouse sits over the embossed vellum - so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors of this card..the red, brown and gold just go so well together! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh and Aaaaaah, Petra! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Petra, on your Top Ten success and this gorgeous card! You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your feeling a lot better now, its evident that your creativity didn't go far. This card is beautiful, great balance on stamping, use of DSP and highlighting the sentiment. Well done Petra. Jay x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The color palette you have chosen is wonderful! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!