Sunday, 7 May 2017

Eastern Palace therapy.

I haven't Blogged much this week-Carl's Dad from Western Australia came for a visit! It was So nice to see Dad and Mary again-Its been too long! 
As you can see by the photos, Winter has come a few weeks early to Tasmania- It snowed down to 400 meters last night- so it was Freezing when we went for a walk to the Evandale Markets! 



Carl decided he would like to do something creative after Dad and Mary left on the next leg of their journey, (Victoria)  and asked me to give him a challenge. I immediately thought of giving him the new Eastern Palace suite of products, to see what he would create.

Here are the bits I gave him to play with: some card stock and DSP, and the new in-colours, (well, the ones I have!) as well as the new eastern palace stamps and dies. 




 Carl decided to look for a sketch to help him along, and after googling "card sketches" he found this one by Susan Stringfellow, which he decided would be perfect. With Spotify on in the back ground, he began, and I left him to it!



Carl hard at work!

Carl eager to play!

This is his GORGEOUS creation-isn't it AMAZING?!?

Eastern Palace suite


 Well- after I saw what he made, I decided to have a go. Ive been a little flat of late-I have been so busy with work, and prepping classes, its been a bit overwhelming, and my mojo has taken a hit. Seeing what Carl created really made me have a go- I think the competitive side came out in me! lol.

Heres what I created:

Eastern Palace suite. 

 I like the effect that double stamping the sentiment had-It gave it some extra punch! 
The dies, as Ive said before, are superb-the Layering circles dies are a MUST for when you get this set-they more than double what you can do with them-I used them to cut circles of gold foil (only cutting what I needed-no waste!)  and layered them underneath those lacy cut outs that one of the dies from the eastern medallions Thinlit dies were able to cut out. its added some glorious sparkle to the card. 
The new catalog is on its way to all my previous customers, free of charge. Are you excited to see all the glorious new gear? I can honestly say the new suites are just phenomenal this year-you are going to love them!
Have you ben inspired, and would like to get this set? Its in the new catalog-but its available for PRE-RELEASE to the public from May1st-so its AVAILABLE NOW!!! 

I hope you have enjoyed my post today- and have been inspired to get Eastern Palace yourself. Remember to use Mays Host code- AXHWKMJU -when making any purchases for a FREE embossing folder-My gift to you! Have a great weekend- squeeze in some creative therapy for yourself too!

4 comments:

  1. I like Carls style Petra...That bow!!! Great job Carl! Love his colour combo's and the cut out bits on the card too. His gold thread loops are nearly (not quite) as messy as mine hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carl did a great job. I think he really enjoyed using the dies! I love new lemon lime twist dsp- it looks great with gold. Thanks Kim!

      Delete
  2. Awesome Cards You make a great team, I love the Eastern Palace Suite. It's amazing. Angexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love both cards .. that set is so versatile

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!