Sunday, 14 May 2017

Stamping Sunday Blog hop- Lovely Friends Bundle






Welcome to our very FIRST super inspiring-Stampin Sunday blog hop!
 I was so Excited when I was contacted but the SUPER talented Sara Levin, a demonstrator from Pennsylvania, to be a part of this INTERNATIONAL hop which, highlights some of the amazing things from the new 2017-2018 catalog. 
It will be hosted by Sara every 2 weeks. I hope that you will Hop along with us- prepare to be INSPIRED by NEW products!!
Even though the Catalog isn't officially "open for business" yet-as demonstrators we get a brilliant opportunity to play with some of the new products early-this month we are starting with the AMAZING Lovely friends bundle. 

What I love about this bundle-

  • Super large sentiments.
  • I love the Stunning Fonts.
  • Gorgeous two stepped stamping flowers.
  • .... and top of my list of things I love-THE POP UP DIES!!!!!
The dies are to die for - Seriously. Here is my sample-

Lovely friends
How stunning is the font on this over sized sentiment? Swirly and girly-I just love it!

I  heat embossed the sentiment onto our lovely NEW Designer series paper, (called-Colour therapy) and layered this on to Old olive cards stock. To accent these I used some Old olive ribbon, and the NEW  glitter enamel dots.  (more about the DSP and embellishments next month.....) 


Lovely friends meets Best birds.


Lovely Friends Pop up wreath, (used a bit differently)

Its INSIDE where the magic happens though-the Dies create a pop up wreath or Laurel (like a wreath, but with a bit cut out) Its super easy to create the wreath-But I wanted to create something a little different. We don't use wreaths a lot in Australia-(maybe in the winners circle at a horse race... or occasionally you might see them on doors at certain times of the year, but not often, really) When I saw the foliage that the dies create, I immediately thought of pairing it with the best birds stamp and die set, fortunately its in next years catalog as well!

Lovely friends meets Best birds

Tips and tricks-

  • I first of all attached 2 pieces of the same designer series paper that I used on the front of the card, one each side of the fold line.
  • I then die cut ONE of the  laurel dies TWICE, and stamped randomly over the die cut foliage a  leaf image that comes in the set of stamps. It's not one that pairs with the dies exactly, but it creates the feeling of lots of greenery. 
  • Positioning was a little tricky, because I didn't want my foliage to hang out of the open card (this wouldn't happen if you postponed it as it is made to be used. It's just that I was using it differently.) 
  • I stuck one down with liquid adhesive, and then played with the other until I was happy with the position. (Liquid adhesive gives you that little bit of play time to get the positioning right. I didn't get it 100% right, though and in the end I trimmed a little bit of the foliage down any way. I don't  think it's too noticeable.) If you plan to do this-make sure you clean up the glue thoroughly afterwards-you don't want your card being closed and then being glued together permanently.
  • I then stamped the sentiment on a 7 cm x 2.5 cm  (2.5" x 1' roughly) piece of whisper white, and then attached some old olive ribbon with a stapler on one end. I then adhered that with dimensionals to the card.
  • I then stamped and die cut the small flower images out of the lovely friends stamp set, and  cut the 2 of the die cut bird images out of the best birds die set. Position these where you would like to on the "branches". I later glued a large flower over the middle connection- don't do this- it stops the mechanism working. place it to the left, or right of the middle only. (see picture below)
  • The die cuts make great accessories for treat boxes and bags! (see picture below!)
if you want to add a large flower, add it off centre-
otherwise it will effect the pop up mechanism- lovely friends bundle

Lovely friends Gift bag punch board bag.



Carl took one look at the dies, and wanted to have a play- he saw a tri fold card. he made his own "designer series paper" by stamping the background randomly with some of the stamps in the set, then die cut the foliage out, and added the sprigs to the from of either side of the trifold card. then to finish, he added some bees from the dragon fly dreams bundle. the super large sentiment was added to the inside of the card- for a real "wow" effect. he added a bit of hessian texture by stamping the background stamp from the best birds bundle- cool huh!

Create with Carl- lovely friends tri fold card.

Create with Carl, tri fold card

What a great sentiment! Create with Carl, lovely friends bundle.
I hope you enjoyed todays post- Make sure you go and see all the lovely things you can do with this bundle by getting to all the blogs on the hop- you are sure to be inspired! Make sure you come and hop with us in a months time- For more peeks into the new catalog!

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful Petra! I just love the use of the Color Therapy as the base of your first card. And thank Carl for playing too! I agree the die mechanism is irresitible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comments Sara- I really enjoyed having a go and creating for this hop, and Im looking forward to the next one!

      Delete
  2. I love all your projects Petra (and Carl's) ... using the pop up die in a different way is so cool! Thank you for the inspiration! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cheryll! I had a ball!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous both cards Petra, Carl's is just as fabulous! Great mix with the Best Birds set !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim- it was great to hop along with you! Thanks for your kind comments x

      Delete
  4. Great card Petra! Love the 'twist' on the inside. Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly! Thank you so much! I was excited to play with this bundle- it's gorgeous!

      Delete
  5. I love these cards!
    Greetings from the Netherlands,
    Danielle Bennenk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you Danielle! So lovely to have you come and hop with us all the way from the Netherlands!!

      Delete
  6. OK, so you're now talking to the girl who not a lover of pink, so for me to say WOW, you've really hit the nail on the head. I LOVE your first card so much .... It works beautifully and that Pink background, just makes it pop allowing those birds to sing. Fab card. TFS x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a huge user of pink either Mikaela- but I do love that DSP! I was nervous to use so much pink, but, I think with the old olive to tone it down... it works. THANKYOU so much for your kind comments!

      Delete
  7. I'm totally loving these super-sized sentiments. Both of your projects are awesome - I especially love that you have used the 'leaf' framelits not in a circle (hahahahah - you get what i mean).
    Great to see you crafting again Carl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful cards and I love the techniques you have used. An awesome job. Angexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Love the colour combo & the combo of bundles xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!