Welcome to our very FIRST super inspiring-Stampin Sunday blog hop!
I was so Excited when I was contacted but the SUPER talented Sara Levin, a demonstrator from Pennsylvania, to be a part of this INTERNATIONAL hop which, highlights some of the amazing things from the new 2017-2018 catalog.
It will be hosted by Sara every 2 weeks. I hope that you will Hop along with us- prepare to be INSPIRED by NEW products!!
Even though the Catalog isn't officially "open for business" yet-as demonstrators we get a brilliant opportunity to play with some of the new products early-this month we are starting with the AMAZING Lovely friends bundle.
What I love about this bundle-
- Super large sentiments.
- I love the Stunning Fonts.
- Gorgeous two stepped stamping flowers.
- .... and top of my list of things I love-THE POP UP DIES!!!!!
How stunning is the font on this over sized sentiment? Swirly and girly-I just love it!
I heat embossed the sentiment onto our lovely NEW Designer series paper, (called-Colour therapy) and layered this on to Old olive cards stock. To accent these I used some Old olive ribbon, and the NEW glitter enamel dots. (more about the DSP and embellishments next month.....)
|Lovely friends meets Best birds.|
|Lovely Friends Pop up wreath, (used a bit differently)|
Its INSIDE where the magic happens though-the Dies create a pop up wreath or Laurel (like a wreath, but with a bit cut out) Its super easy to create the wreath-But I wanted to create something a little different. We don't use wreaths a lot in Australia-(maybe in the winners circle at a horse race... or occasionally you might see them on doors at certain times of the year, but not often, really) When I saw the foliage that the dies create, I immediately thought of pairing it with the best birds stamp and die set, fortunately its in next years catalog as well!
|Lovely friends meets Best birds|
Tips and tricks-
- I first of all attached 2 pieces of the same designer series paper that I used on the front of the card, one each side of the fold line.
- I then die cut ONE of the laurel dies TWICE, and stamped randomly over the die cut foliage a leaf image that comes in the set of stamps. It's not one that pairs with the dies exactly, but it creates the feeling of lots of greenery.
- Positioning was a little tricky, because I didn't want my foliage to hang out of the open card (this wouldn't happen if you postponed it as it is made to be used. It's just that I was using it differently.)
- I stuck one down with liquid adhesive, and then played with the other until I was happy with the position. (Liquid adhesive gives you that little bit of play time to get the positioning right. I didn't get it 100% right, though and in the end I trimmed a little bit of the foliage down any way. I don't think it's too noticeable.) If you plan to do this-make sure you clean up the glue thoroughly afterwards-you don't want your card being closed and then being glued together permanently.
- I then stamped the sentiment on a 7 cm x 2.5 cm (2.5" x 1' roughly) piece of whisper white, and then attached some old olive ribbon with a stapler on one end. I then adhered that with dimensionals to the card.
- I then stamped and die cut the small flower images out of the lovely friends stamp set, and cut the 2 of the die cut bird images out of the best birds die set. Position these where you would like to on the "branches". I later glued a large flower over the middle connection- don't do this- it stops the mechanism working. place it to the left, or right of the middle only. (see picture below)
- The die cuts make great accessories for treat boxes and bags! (see picture below!)
|if you want to add a large flower, add it off centre-|
otherwise it will effect the pop up mechanism- lovely friends bundle
|Create with Carl- lovely friends tri fold card.|
|Create with Carl, tri fold card|
|What a great sentiment! Create with Carl, lovely friends bundle.|
I hope you enjoyed todays post- Make sure you go and see all the lovely things you can do with this bundle by getting to all the blogs on the hop- you are sure to be inspired! Make sure you come and hop with us in a months time- For more peeks into the new catalog!