Wednesday, 10 May 2017

Weddings- Jar of love.

I did a silly thing-You will Laugh.  
Any one who knows me will shake their heads. I thought the international highlights were on this morning. 
As you know, Ive had visitors, and been very busy, and  I don't read things properly.... I skim read.(Kylie is going to laugh, because she knows this is true. Sorry Kylie.) 
They are NOT on this morning. 
The highlights were 2 weeks ago. and I completely missed them. The WINNERS of the highlights have a blog hop this morning, and, seeing that I didn't even enter this month, that DOESNT include me. LOL! 
Ive actually had a couple of weddings that We have been invited to, or wanted to send a card too, which is why the highlights theme has been in my head, I think.  
Any way, I made this card for the highlights that were on 2 weeks ago that I didn't enter, this morning. I got up specifically at 6am to create this card for the non existent highlights. so, enjoy. lol.

Jar of Love stampp set, wedding themed card.

Jar of Love stamp set. 

Jar of Love wedding themed card.

Tips and tricks:

  • I used the "zip lock bag "smoosching technique" (in pink pirouette ) to achieve the background. It's a quick easy way to achieve a watercolour look background. 
  • I added another layer of smokey slate over the pink pirouette, using the zip lock bag, I sort of sponged the smokey slate from the zip lock bag, over the top.
  • I stamped the fern-y stems (below), and fine stringed bow image (up higher) from the stamp set, directly onto my background.
  • I punched a 1 3/4 sized circle and layered my bouquet on to that. I, at first, glued directly to the circle, then added dimensional backed flowers for texture and hight. I then set the bouquet aside.
  • I stapled the very vanilla lace to the background and then added my bouquet over the top, adhering with Dimensionals.
  • Finally  I added my stamped and layered (with silver foil card stock) sentiment, some winkastella to the flowers, and pearls for effect.

I hope you enjoyed my post for today and got a laugh.
Want to see the ACTUAL international highlights winners Blog hop?
 -click HERE

Make it a great day, and CREATE! 

Petra

24 comments:

  1. This is stunning Petra, I love it so very much xx All of those gorgeous layers in your posy + the silver edgeing are all perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, thanks SO much Kim. What a crack up. I Really like what I ended up creating. shame its 2 weeks late for the highlights. lol

      Delete
  2. Your card is gorgeous, Petra. Don't sweat the small stuff. You did well :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww x thanks so much Jenny. I'm pretty used to it- I do this kind of thing all the time. You would think I would have learned by now. lol

      Delete
  3. Absolutely beautiful Petra! And it beats my morning, I was up at 4am doing book work. 😝 would have rather been creating! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Book work at 4am. Not a great morning. I hope the day gets better and better x

      Delete
  4. Stunning! I love the idea of the wedding bouquet and your execution is flawless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Stephanie- you're kind words blew me away- thank you so much! X

      Delete
  5. You are a duffer! Gorgeous, gorgeous, card, though ... nice work! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally am aren't I? lol. Makes for a funny blog post though, lol. Thanks so much Christine!!!

      Delete
  6. Lovely cards! Shame you missed the highlights as I'm sure you would've ended up in top ten. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww! How kind! thanks for your lovely comment! X

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous card!!! It's hard to keep up sometimes! Thankfully all of my blunders have been thinking the deadline was earlier than it was so it was actually a relief to know I have an extra week!!!
    Great blogging material though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I can't ever see myself making the mistake of being early!! Lol (how lovely!) glad to have added a chuckle to everyone's morning!

      Delete
  8. What a shame your to late for the highlights :(. This card is so gorgeous!!.
    I have to admit you did make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwww! Thanks Nadi! You're a sweetie!

      Delete
  9. I skim read too.... yes it has it pit falls lol! Stunning card Petra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwwwwwww! sue! I'm glad I'm not the only one!! THANKYOU for your kids bc words!

      Delete
  10. Now this tops it all Petra what a way to get your cards noticed hahaha.
    All jokes aside this card like all of your creations is amazing. I would love to be the recipient of this card.
    You put so much thought and love into your designs, congratulations on blogging this amazing card. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Christine!! Lol thank you so much! You're comments are so kind!

      Delete
  11. So glad you made and shared this card with all of us! I have a wedding coming up soon and this is perfect!! It is so unique and different. Thank you very much for giving all of the details as I will be trying to make this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Michelle- thanks so much for your kind comments! I wish I could see your version!! Enjoy re-creating this card!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!